Monday, December 31, 2012

2013, Here We Come!



It's always with such mixed emotions that I face the new year!  It sometimes feels like I'm giving up something very familiar and comfortable to wander off into the unknown, but on the other hand, it's so exciting to contemplate what good things might be ahead. I'm praying for miracles! I'm sure there will be wonderful times and also challenges. Every year is full of both; but even the challenges will be good things as we pray and learn and grow in ways that are not even possible when times are easy.

As we walk forward into this new year, I take great comfort in knowing that there is a God in Heaven, that He loves each one of us with a perfect and individual love, and that He wants us to have joy. Yes, He allows suffering and pain and heartache and trial, but He is always there to lift us up and bless us if we will turn to Him and ask for His help. He is ALWAYS there. WE are the ones who stray. As I look back at the most painful, lonely and confused times in my life, I can see that when I humbled myself enough to turn to Him, He always helped me and guided me, even when I couldn't see it at the time. I have been so blessed.

I think we have probably included this quote somewhere in our blog before, but it is one of Don's and my favorites:
            "If our lives and our faith are centered on Jesus Christ
        and his restored gospel, nothing can ever go permanently
        wrong. On the other hand, if our lives are not centered on     
        the Savior and his teachings, no other success can ever be
        permanently right."            -President Howard W. Hunter

The years fly by so fast - especially this past year. It has been a year full of blessings and opportunities that we never would have dreamed possible. Most years are like that - even the ones with big challenges. I am filled with gratitude and amazement. Every year is a surprise, each year is an opportunity.

And so with great enthusiasm Don and I wish you a 
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
with miracles, blessings, and new opportunities.
~Pat~

No comments:

Post a Comment