Visitors' Centers are a great place to recharge your faith, learn something new, watch a favorite church movie or the latest Mormon Message, be inspired, listen to the words of the Savior, take a peaceful walk around the beautiful grounds, or have a conversation with an energetic sister missionary. Parents: this is a great place to take your kids. There are good things to be learned in a visitors' center.
The London Temple Visitors' Centre is not a large visitors' center, but it is filled with fabulous displays and exhibits. You can
- Learn the history of the construction and dedication of the London Temple.
- Listen to the words and teachings of our Savior, Jesus Christ.
- Check out the display containing four videos about the history of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the British Isles
- Explore Temples of the World - an interactive kiosk where you can test your skill at the location of the 141 temples in the world, learn the difference between chapels and temples, find out what happens in the baptistry, endowment rooms, sealing rooms and Celestial Room, and learn the history of temple building throughout time.
- Watch excerpts from the latest General Conference of the Church and find out about the lives of the First Presidency and the Quorum of the Twelve.
- Learn about the Book of Mormon and the promises attached to the first principles of the gospel, which are faith, repentance, baptism, the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end.
- Watch the charming "Homefront" TV ads from the 1970's and 80's. They'll still give you a lot to think about!
- Review The Family: A Proclamation to the World or The Living Christ.
- Listen to the remarkable, candid (and funny) descriptions of gospel topics by little children.
- Strike up a conversation with a sister missionary from another country and learn something new.
- Sit in on one of the more than 70 films and videos available to both teach and entertain. There are so many, many fabulous stories to choose from. They'll touch your heart and inspire you.
Other visitors' centers have displays and exhibits unique to their own locations. Next time you're in the vicinity, I challenge you to come to the visitors' center and bring your family or friends. Spend an afternoon or an evening there and see what you can learn! Pay attention to the way you feel. Miracles often happen.
|Lon and Colleen Stuart (Don's sister) with one tired Visitors' Centre Director and his wife....|